Transportation app creator BigRoad announced the release of its electronic HOS logging system for the iPhone platform.
BigRoad says that more than 70,000 drivers and 1,900 fleets in North America are using its smartphone-based app to electronically capture and comply with hours of service (HOS) regulations, manage their business and stay connected to friends and family. The product was released to market one year ago on the Android platform. It has a user satisfaction rating of 4.6 out of five stars, and more than 1300 positive user reviews, the company says.
Kelly Frey, chief executive officer of BigRoad, anticipates achieving equal, if not greater, success with the Apple platform.
“In 2012, it was reported that 76 percent of fleet managers in the transportation industry rely on smartphones, and 64 percent of those managers indicated nearly all of their drivers were carrying smartphones,” she said. “BigRoad’s entire mission is to make life on the road easy and simple, and part of that strategy includes universal access to our app across all device platforms.”
BigRoad is free for drivers and includes the following features:
• Electronic Logs (EL) including the Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) for pre- and post trip inspections.
• Both Canada’s Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and the United States’ Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated rule sets.
• A specific view mode to streamline roadside inspections.
• Location, photo and document sharing.
• An application bar offering one click access to the most used applications in the Android Play Store by truckers.
BigRoad’s system for owner/operators and fleets is available for $15 per vehicle and includes the following features:
• Fleet account accessible through any computer with specific logins.
• Live truck tracking and drivers’ HOS reports and statistics.
• Support including cloud based storage of logs and reports.
• Messaging service and document sharing.
• State mile reporting in support of IFTA filings.
From our partners
Online Interface Makes it Easier to Find Need-it-Now Parts
New online tool helps drivers find accurate replacement part numbers easily and quickly.