Cadec Global, a provider of fleet management solutions, announced it now integrates with ALK Technologies’ CoPilot Truck 9, providing benefits to PowerVue customers by helping fleets increase driver efficiency and compliance, reduce out-of-route mileage and improve driver safety.
CoPilot Truck’s onboard voice-guided GPS navigation solution stores detailed ALK maps of North America enhanced with PC Miler truck-specific routing directly on the Cadec OBC.
Cadec says the major benefits to PowerVue customers are:
• Over-the-air map updates available to all drivers for faster, more accurate navigation and route updates;
• Integration with customer-routing software for seamless delivery of turn-by-turn directions to Cadec’s OBC;
• The ability to easily avoid and favor roads and locations;
• The ability to find the best sequence for up to 50 stops to reduce out-of-route mileage;
• Fast automatic route recalculation to prevent drivers from getting lost;
• Access to more than 7 million points of interest with phone numbers, including truckstops, truck services, rest areas, weigh stations and CAT Scales; and
• A nondistracting driver safety view, along with flexible and clear 2D and 3D map views.
“We’ve worked closely with ALK Technologies for several years,” says Jon Bernstein, Cadec chief executive officer. “Driver efficiency, safety, compliance and overall fleet performance are the top priorities for our customers. CoPilot Truck 9 integrated with our PowerVue solution helps fleets meet these goals, and we will continue to integrate the latest technologies from our partners into PowerVue.”
Also of Interest »