2013 Agenda - 2014 Agenda Coming Soon
Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013 Dallas Convention Center
10:30 a.m. – noon – Registration and buffet lunch
Noon – Welcome
• Tim Kraus, president and COO, Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association
• Mike Reilly, chairman and CEO, Randall-Reilly
12:15 p.m. – Opening Speaker:
T. Boone Pickens, Founder, CEO BP Capital Watch T. Boone Picken’s TED Talk.
Moderator: Pat Cavanagh, president and CEO, Enovation Controls
12:45 p.m. Panel: How Regulations and Customer Demand are Driving Safety Technology Forward
Representatives from the supplier, safety and fleet communities will discuss the role safety technology will play in compliance, productivity and profitability over the next decade
• Rebecca Brewster, president and COO, American Transportation Research Institute
• Scott Burkhart, vice president, general manager, Bendix Electronics
• Tim Lafon, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Volvo Trucks North America
• Reggie Dupré, CEO, Dupré Logistics
• Moderator – Jeff Crissey, editor, Commercial Carrier Journal
2:15-2:30 p.m. Break
2:30 p.m. Panel: The Future of Fuel Economy: 2017 and Beyond
The next advancements in fuel economy will come from integrating drivetrains and trailers to drive efficiencies. This panel of engine OEM, trailer OEM and fleet executives will explore what the future holds in terms of equipment and technologies that can drive improvements.
• Craig Bennett, senior vice president sales and marketing, Utility Trailer
• Max Fuller, chairman and CEO, U.S.Xpress
• Jim Fier, executive engineer – midrange and heavy duty engineering, Cummins Inc.
• David Hames, general manager marketing & strategy, Daimler Trucks North America
• Moderator – Derek Kaufman, CEO, Mission Motors
3:45 p.m. – Keynote: The myths of green energy and the real fuels of the future
Bryce will debunk numerous energy myths, including showing why renewables are not green, why carbon capture and sequestration won’t work, and that the U.S. is leading the world in energy efficiency. He will also discuss how we can transform the global energy sector and fuel our society through sound decisions and smart investments.
• Robert Bryce, the Manhattan Institute – energy expert, critically acclaimed author and energy journalist
• Moderator – Kennon Guglielmo, chief technical officer, Enovation Controls
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Commercial Vehicle Outlook Conference Networking Reception
Thursday August 22, 2013 Dallas Convention Center
7-7:45 a.m. – Continental breakfast
7:45-8:00 a.m. – Welcoming Remarks
Tim Kraus, president, COO, Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association
8:00 a.m. Opening Speaker
• Governor Bill Graves, President and CEO, American Trucking Associations
• Moderator – Tim Kraus, HDMA
8:45 a.m. The future of our nation’s infrastructure and what it means for trucking and the economy
How will factors such as supply chain distribution trends, environmental and energy policies and technological advancements affect our nation’s infrastructure funding and viability?
• Drew Preston, manager, congressional and public affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
• Moderator – Tom Lehner, vice president, public policy, The Motor and Equipment Manufacturers Association
9:45 -10:00 a.m. Break
10:00 a.m. Closing Speaker: Global Economic Outlook
Rosensweig will provide an overview of the global macro-economic trends that will impact the commercial transportation industry, and provide insights into the current business environment, and the short- and long-term prospects for our nation’s economy.
• Dr. Jeff Rosensweig, GlobalGuru.com and director, Emory University’s Global Perspectives Program.
• Moderator – Avery Vise, executive director, research, Randall-Reilly Trucking Media
11:15 a.m. Lunch: Great American Trucking Show floor VIP Session for CVOC attendees
Brought to you by: