J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. announced it has developed a new online training course, “Hazmat: General Awareness Training (What’s Required and How to Comply).”
The new online course is self-paced and available from any location with an Internet connection.
Incidents involving the transportation of hazardous materials can result in serious injuries for employees and damage to company equipment, property and product, as well as to the environment. Fines are costly, up to $10,000 per day, and can be incurred daily until a problem is fixed.
To help reduce the potential for hazmat incidents, the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) require all companies to train each hazmat employee, according to 49 CFR §172.704(a)(1) training requirements.
“We developed this course to provide the best possible general awareness training for those who work with or around hazardous materials, regardless of their work schedule or situation,” said Joel Landsverk, product development manager for online training at J. J. Keller.
After completing the course, hazmat employees will be able to:
• Define key hazmat-related terms;
• Identify the required areas of hazmat training;
• Verify a material’s hazard classification using the HMR;
• Navigate the Hazardous Materials Table for information on a specific material;
• List the required methods to communicate a material’s hazard type;
• Distinguish between a label, placard and marking;
• Explain the importance of shipping papers and Emergency Response Information (ERI).
In addition to general awareness training, the course walks learners through a function-specific training checklist to help identify their needs for additional required hazmat training.
From our partners
ServiceRanger 4: A Reliable Shop Sidekick
ServiceRanger 4: A reliable shop sidekick A good technician knows that to do the job right, you need to use the proper tools. When it…