By mid-December 2017 most fleets must deploy electronic logging devices (ELDs) on their trucks to comply with
new federal regulations. Even trucks with existing automated onboard recording devices (AOBRDs) must upgrade by December 2019.
Designed for Simplicity. Built for Compliance-Now and Ahead.
CalAmp’s V-Series ELD is a three-part, self-install bundle that includes a removeable, rugged Android tablet,
market-unique cradle with embedded telematics capable device and LED malfunction indicator and easily integrated with Hours of Service applications to provide a turnkey solution that is fully compliant and is of high value to companies as they make this important investment.
V-Series ELD: Three Part Solution
• Affordable, commercial grade offering to comply with ELD mandate
• Driver can’t turn off cellular (vs. displays w/built-in cellular)
• Mounted cellular radio means less hassle and cost for replacement tablets
• Stand-alone malfunction indicator for absent or malfunctioning ELD and
additional disgnostic indicator to meet ELD requirements
• Equipment monitoring and alerts (missing tablet and/or tampering)
• Fewer connections, fewer points of failure
• CalAmp support of ECU protocol challenges
• Jbus and OBD cable portfolio (multiple connector options)
• CalAmp support of system data connectivity: engine, GPS, tablet,
Bluetooth, cellular (UDP & TCP)
• Enterprise-grade security (IPSec, WPA-2)—protect sensitive data
against external threats
• Ruggedized industrial design for harsh in-cab environment