Gary Lewis, president of Pendulum Shift Consulting offered his insights on making sense of fuel charges to fleet executives attending CCJ’s Fall Symposium in Scottsdale, Ariz., today.
Lewis says a fuel reimbursement evolution underway today beginning with a slow, yet steady shift is aware from the Department of Energy Weekly Index. He feels eventually a daily index, and eventually a daily, lane-specific index will be a vital fuel for fleets wanting in insure fair fuel pricing.
Lewis listed his 12 Attributes for an Equitable Fuel Reimbursement Program for attendees, which included these vital points:
* It must be a fact-based program.
* It must be a long-term solution.
* It should be a partnership approach between the carrier and the shipper.
* Strive for a low transaction cost.
* Set a zero fuel trigger.
* Best in class should be an earned attribute
* The solution should be lane specific with a daily reset.
* Consistently work to improve your bid precision
* Shipper’s gallons only.
* Keep IT intervention to a minimum.
* Address the fuel spread.
* Evaluate all your pricing options.
From our partners
Learn How 16-speeds + Small-Step Technology = Maximum Fuel Economy
Heightened level of collaboration results in new ‘small step’ automated transmission In a never-ending quest to improve efficiencies, today’s truck fleets are demanding more from…