Roadnet Technologies, the Omnitracs company specializing in transportation logistics software, announced the newest version of its Roadnet Transportation Suite, a vehicle routing, scheduling, tracking, mobile workforce and fleet management application.
The company says the update, the second one of the year, delivers additional visibility to daily driving activities to help fleets route and dispatch trucks more efficiently. Fleets can easily see which drivers and vehicles are available for route assignments, and which regions are in danger of exceeding the number of assigned routes for Roadnet and Territory Planner. It also allows standard and preferred routes to begin the day before the assigned delivery date, which is ideal for longer trips.
Additional new features included in the release of Roadnet Transportation Suite 3.7.1 allow fleets to:
- Include goal distance when exporting routes
- Have routes automatically completed when using the Roadnet Telematics Adapter
- View a description for the original and new location substitutions
- Manage the assignment of employees from the locations notebook
- Assign resources to multiple depots at the same time
- Prevent system lockouts in multiple-user scenarios
- View license information about purchased product in the Administration module
“We’ve listened to user feedback and made significant and subtle platform enhancements,” said Cyndi Brandt, senior director of product marketing and alliances for Roadnet. “We continue to recognize the market adoption of SaaS as a delivery platform and are ensuring that our investments in Roadnet Anywhere can be leveraged by our on-premise customers.”