The recently renamed technology and maintenance council of the American Trucking Associations will feature at its fall meeting in Jacksonville, Fla., seven information technology and logistics sessions as well as nine sessions on truck maintenance and equipment. TMC members earlier this year endorsed a change in direction for the organization to build on its maintenance core focus and take over the functions of the former ATA council on IT and logistics. The IT/logistics sessions are:
- Shipper/Carrier Dialogue: Matching Shipper Expectations and Carrier Capabilities in the New Transportation Environment
- IT Outsourcing and the Future of Application Service Providers
- Securing Corporate IT Infrastructures
- Demystifying XML and its Application to Trucking
- XML and Two Dimensional Bar Coding: A Powerful Combination?
- Optimizing Workflow Management
- Trailer Tracking Interface Standard and Its Application to Trucking.
In addition to the breakout sessions, the fall meeting will include three joint technical sessions under the meeting theme Integrating Truck Technology. Also back is a special two-hour Shop Talk session: TMC’s Failure Analysis Roadshow. Member-submitted parts will be analyzed by fleet managers and suppliers to determine failure causes.
For more information on the meeting, which will be held Oct. 15-18 at the Adam’s Mark Hotel in Jacksonville, Fla., call TMC at (703) 838-1763 or visit the TMC website.