Volvo Trucks North America introduced a daycab version of its VT880, the VT800, at the Great American Trucking Show, which was held Aug. 25-27 at the Dallas Convention Center.
Typical applications for the Volvo VT800 are heavy haul flatbed or lowboy, bulk haul, grain body, livestock hauler, tanker, and double- and triple-trailer combinations.
“This is a truck that has it all – power, performance, great looks and unmatched driver comfort,” said Scott Kress, senior vice president of sales and marketing. “Plus, the Volvo VT800 was designed from the beginning to showcase Volvo’s traditional values of safety, driver productivity, quality, reliability and uptime. This is the truck for the operator who needs the level of performance that can only be found by combining the most powerful engine with our world-leading engineering and design excellence.”
The daycab, like the longhaul VT880, comes standard with a Volvo D16 engine, with horsepower ratings from 500 to 625, and torque of 1850 to 2250 lb.-ft.
Performance is enhanced by a 45-degree wheel cut, for a tight turning radius and maneuverability. Driver visibility is improved because of the sloping hood, the driver seating position and the huge one-piece windshield. Projection beam headlights also improve nighttime visibility on the right side of the truck, according to Volvo.
VT800 specifications include:
- 134-inch BBC;
- 43.1-inch front axle position;
- Volvo D16 or Cummins ISX engines;
- Eaton RTO, RTLO (10-, 13- and 18-speed) or Eaton Autoshift (10- and 18-speed) transmissions;
- 11.81 in. x 3.54 in. frame rails;
- 38,000 – 40,000-lb. Volvo air suspension;
- 40,000 – 46,000-lb. Volvo non-torque reactive suspension;
- 12,000 – 13,200-lb. front axle, spring suspension;
- 40,000 – 46,000-lb. rear axle, Amboid, Meritor.
For more information, go to www.volvotrucks.us.com.