This month’s cover story on technician training could not be timelier. Demand for technicians is projected to increase by about 13 percent by 2016, and increasingly complex equipment will require more maintenance and repair skills. Keeping up with all the new products, emerging technology and professional development training can be a huge challenge, especially in tight economic times.
Competition for the top skilled technicians will remain fierce. That’s why we’re pleased to announce the debut in June of a new quarterly magazine, Professional Technician, the latest addition to Randall-Reilly’s trucking magazines, which already include Commercial Carrier Journal, Overdrive, Truckers News, Truck Parts & Service and Successful Dealer.
Professional Technician will offer in-depth coverage of the latest equipment and trends – as well as proven maintenance and repair techniques – that your technicians need to stay competitive. Each issue will include:
- Nuts & Bolts: Professional Technician will keep your technicians posted on the latest news and information from commercial vehicle fleets; equipment dealers, distributors and suppliers; and government agencies and associations.
- Technology: Professional Technician will cover cutting-edge technologies on the drawing board – equipment, systems, components and diagnostic tools – and provide the scoop on technologies of the future.
- How-to articles: Expect comprehensive step-by-step coverage detailing the processes and procedures for performing maintenance and repair tasks.
- Career advancement: Today’s technicians expect career paths and help with professional development. This section explores the latest information on training resources, certification programs and changes in the marketplace to help them get where they want to be.
- Top Techs: Your technicians will read in-depth interviews with winners of national and corporate technician skills competitions, gaining insight into what separates the best technicians from the everyday good ones.
- Bay Watch: Your technicians can stay up to speed on all the latest tools and shop equipment, and new products, parts and supplies available for today’s maintenance facility.
The demand for skilled technicians will only continue. Professional Technician will offer essential, practical information to help readers stay on top of their field and grow professionally. For more, go to www.professionaltechnician.com.