Dana Holding Corp. recently announced drivetrain solutions engineered for a variety of construction vehicles, including axles, transmissions, driveshafts and electronic controls for everything from small backhoe loaders and soil compactors to midsized pick-and-carry cranes and large concrete mixers.
“The Indian commercial and industrial construction market is expected to see sustained double-digit growth for the next several years, and demand is rapidly growing for the entire spectrum of vehicles and machinery used in construction,” says BD Singh, managing director of India for Dana. “Dana has extensive experience providing complete drivetrain solutions as well as a growing local engineering and manufacturing presence that allows us to better serve construction OEMs in India.”
At the recent bC India event, Dana exhibited:
• A complete drivetrain system for 16-tonne front-end loaders;
• The Spicer Model 192 rigid planetary drive axle for soil compactors and rollers;
• The Spicer Model 112 rigid planetary drive axle for backhoe loaders and front-end loaders;
• The DDAC 24/25ZHS Series hub reduction axle for concrete mixers and other heavy-duty construction vehicles; and
• A demonstration of new freewheel and lockup capabilities for Spicer powershift transmissions above 90 kW (120 hp).