Arrow Truck Sales on Monday, Oct. 3, launched its fifth Back On The Road program – this year with a new presenting sponsor: Mack Trucks Inc. Each year, the Back On The Road program provides a deserving driver a truck and a job to get them back on the road – and many more prizes designed to keep them on the road. Former trucker and country music singer Aaron Tippin once again is supporting the program by serving in an active role throughout the search, and ultimately, helping select the winner.
“Truckers are some of the hardest-working people in the country, and they impact literally every community in the United States,” says Steve Clough, president and chief executive officer of Arrow Truck Sales. “We feel it’s important to keep these drivers working, and we’re proud to help a deserving trucker get back on the road, making an income and fueling our economy.”
The trucker who will be selected will receive a one-year lease on a 2008 Mack Pinnacle 70-inch High-Rise Sleeper, courtesy of Mack Trucks Inc., a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express and other products and services.
Arrow is seeking nominations from truckers across the United States who are looking for a second chance after facing loss or unfortunate circumstances beyond their control. Nominations for truckers who selflessly have advocated for the profession and the trucking industry in general also are valid.
In addition to the truck and work agreement, the winner of Back On The Road will receive:
• X One XDA Energy tires – Michelin;
• TriPac auxiliary power unit – Thermo King;
• Monthly $500 fuel cards – Pilot Flying J Travel Centers;
• Business consulting tools – ATBS;
• Insurance – Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association;
• A 3-year/300K-mile warranty – National Truck Protection Inc.;
• One year’s worth of filter products – Mack Genuine Parts;
• Custom truck paint job – Dickinson Fleet Services;
• Truck accessories and fenders – Minimizer Products;
• Memory foam mattress – SleepDog Mattress;
• Paint – DuPont; and
• Health assessment and check-ups – Rolling Strong (Bob Perry, The Trucker Trainer).
Arrow encourages nominations to be submitted by friends, family members, associates or even themselves. To nominate, complete a compelling 250-word story explaining why the nominee deserves to win and submit it on www.arrowtruck.com/backontheroad. Nominations will be accepted until Dec. 4. The winner will be announced March 22-24, 2012, in Louisville, Ky. For more information or to learn more about previous winners, go to www.arrowtruck.com/backontheroad.