SSI Technologies, a designer and manufacturer of ultrasonic level, pressure and magnetic sensors and monitoring systems, announced an SCR System DEF combination sensor to monitor urea level, temperature and concentration.
DEF sensors are designed to meet pending worldwide emissions regulations that will require on-and off-road OEMs to monitor DEF quality and concentration for mandated emissions control associated with SCR systems.
SSI says its combination sensor utilizes proven ultrasonic technology with an in-tank design and OBD capability. The sensor provides the following critical measures and capabilities:
• Detection of 10 percent or greater water dilution of DEF
• Detection of DEF contaminants such as diesel fuel, water, windshield washer fluid, brakes fluid, motor oil, gasoline and anti-freeze
• High resolution (0.5 mm)DEF level monitoring for OEM operator information
• Immediate operator notification of any diesel miss-fills in DEF tank
• Accurate temperature monitoring (+/- 3 degrees C) for DEF heating management
• Redundant indication of empty DEF tank
• J1939 CAN-Bus technology for ready system integration
• Programmable for profiling to regular or irregular/odd shaped DEF tanks