Last week at its commercial tire manufacturing plant in Danville, Va., Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. staged a live simulation of its fleetHQ and business solutions programs. In addition to Goodyear and Dunlop tires, fleetHQ provides 24/7 roadside assistance and a variety of other services and tools to address fleet needs.
The simulation took attendees through the process of a fleetHQ road service sequence, but was more than just a step-by-step demonstration of the program, according to Bruce Woodruff, director of business solutions marketing, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “We wanted to demonstrate all of fleetHQ’s many components, which, when fully leveraged and working together, can help fleets make better business decisions, improve truck uptime and drive down their cost of operation,” Woodruff says.
fleetHQ benefits are available to fleets of all sizes, from owner-operators to the largest national fleets, Woodruff says. Goodyear solutions include:
• A preferred fleet program that includes nationwide pricing and billing available through the fleet or owner-operator’s hometown dealer;
• The fleetHQ Solution Center, where tire professionals dispatch service technicians from one of more than 2,000 dealer locations to downed trucks’ locations;
• A Solution Center with a dedicated phone number, 1-866-fleetHQ; online at fleetHQ.com; or through a smartphone Web app;
• TV Track, an online tire management tool that helps fleets and owner-operators monitor their tire performance. TV Track also can capture vehicle information, tire wear conditions, and more. Individual fleet reports are available online;
• Gold Medallion retreaded tires, available in six popular medium truck tire sizes;
• TirePix, a service that provides photos of tires that were replaced during a road service call; and
• The fleetHQ Truck Stop Network, a network that includes more than 300 locations. Participants include Wingfoot Truck Care Centers, Travel Centers of America, Petro Truck Stops, PTP Truckstop Network and Boss Truck Shops.
fleetHQ benefits are available to trucking operations of every size. “Many benefits, such as the fleetHQ Solution Center, are offered at no cost to the fleet,” says Woodruff. “The fleetHQ program – including its diverse and powerful components – demonstrates Goodyear’s ongoing commitment to helping our customers save time and money.”