Labelmaster, a manufacturer and distributor of regulatory compliance products, recently hosted its 6th annual Dangerous Goods Instructors’ Symposium at the Peabody hotel in Memphis, Tenn. Labelmaster provided the opportunity for instructors and regulatory experts on various aspects of transporting dangerous goods to come together to share ideas, exchange information and focus on the essential ingredients of a comprehensive training program.
The theme of the 2011 symposium, “Foundations of Knowledge,” emphasized the importance of solid training programs for compliance and safety. Government and industry experts presented a wide variety of topics and workshops, including:
• Setting clear and concise training objectives;
• Coast Guard container inspection ;
• Proper packing instructions;
• Limited quantities, consumer commodities and other exceptions;
• Do’s and don’ts of dangerous goods instruction;
• Shipping oxygen gas by air; and
• Safety compliance, special permits and most frequently cited violations.
While in Memphis, attendees toured the FedEx facility. Labelmaster will host the 7th annual symposium in fall 2012. Information from the 2011 session is available at www.myregs.com/airregs/conferences/.