TMC’s Transportation Technology Exhibition, set for Feb. 20-22, 2012, is expected to include more than 300 exhibitors featuring the latest technology to help fleets improve safety and efficiency. The trade show will include the latest models of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, specialty and alternative-fueled vehicles, components, safety and information technology and services.
Full technical sessions will include Understanding the New Federal Medium/Heavy-Duty Fuel Efficiency Standard and EPA 2007/2010 Engine Report Card. Mini-technical sessions will include:
• Reducing Corrosion Through Proper Electrical Repair Procedures;
• Gaining Maximum Fuel Economy Through Best Tire Maintenance Practices;
• Power Management Strategies for In-Cab Sleep Apnea (CPAP) Devices;
• Operational and Maintenance Issues with Vehicle Stability Systems;
• The Role of Trailing Equipment in Improving Overall Fuel Economy;
• How New Updates to SAE J1939 Are Changing Vehicle Diagnostics and Diagnostic Equipment;
• Spec’ing an LMV Chassis to Address Idle Shutdown While Still Operating Work-Performing Electrical Loads;
• Repair Order Authorization and Approval—Part 2; and
• OSHA Compliance Requirements for Maintenance Operations.
More than 100 task forces will meet on Monday, followed by TMC’s Town Meeting and the Transportation Technology Exhibition grand opening, with technical sessions held Tuesday through Thursday. ATA Chairman Dan England, chairman of C.R. England, is the featured speaker for the Industry Awards Luncheon on Wednesday.
First-time attendees from ATA-member fleets can register for the meeting free, and TMC has lowered registration fees for the 2012 Annual Meeting for fleet attendees who are members of TMC or ATA to $195, a $300 savings off the nonmember rate.
“Early Bird” registration on or before Feb. is $495 for nonfleet TMC or ATA members, and $595 for nonmembers. After Feb. 6, registration is $595 for nonfleet TMC or ATA members, and $695 for nonmembers. A spouse’s package is available for $275.
More information on TMC’s 2012 Annual Meeting – including registration, exhibitor prospectus, exhibit contract, exhibit map and sponsorship brochure – is available online at http://tmc.truckline.com/. Contact TMC at 703-838-1763.