Palm Peterbilt Truck Centers will be holding a natural gas summit at its location in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. on March 8. The event is an educational workshop that will cover a variety of topics, including:
• Definition of natural gas, compressed natural gas and liquefied natural gas;
• The logistical consideration a fleet needs to investigate;
• Federal and state tax credits, grants and other incentives;
• How to calculate fuel costs, payback and lifecycle savings;
• Fuel station designs, development and ownership options;
• Future infrastructure for fueling;
• Steps in implementing a successful NGV program;
• Outfitting trucks with CNG/LNG tanks and equipment; and
• Engine sizes, applications, maintenance and life expectancy.
Medium- and heavy-duty Peterbilt vehicles will be on site. A local CNG fleet will share its experiences, and a tour of a CNG fueling facility also is available. For more information or to register, contact Teri Joyner at 954-745-1703 or e-mail email@example.com; use the word “summit” in the subject line of the e-mail.