Qualcomm Inc., a provider of integrated wireless systems, applications and services to transportation and logistics companies, released the lineup of interactive breakout session topics and speakers, as well as sponsors, for its upcoming Vision 2012 Management Conference, set for June 4-7 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego.
Vision 2012’s keynote speakers include Billy Beane, vice president and general manager of Major League Baseball’s Oakland A’s and the subject of Michael Lewis’ bestselling book “Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game” and the Oscar award-winning film “Moneyball”; Annette Sandberg, chief executive officer of TransSafe Consulting and former Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration administrator; and Richard Stocking, president and chief operating officer of Swift Transportation Co.
Several industry topics – from business intelligence and regulatory compliance to fuel management and mobile development – will be addressed during the sessions. Vision 2012 conference attendees will hear session speakers describe how they have leveraged mobile fleet management technology to turn fleet data into actionable information to improve operational performance.
Session topics and speakers will include:
• Asset and Freight Management: Allen Lowry, director of safety, Central Refrigerated Service Inc.;
• Best Practices in Hours of Service Deployment: John Pope, president of TT Management Inc. and Cargo Transporters Inc.;
• Business Profitability: Jeff Colonna, vice president, Dupre Logistics;
• Connecting Your Enterprise: Jay Delaney, manager of mobile technologies, Schneider National Inc.;
• Driving Transportation Safety: Scott McCahan, senior manager of safety, recruiting and contractor relations, FedEx Customer Critical;
• Fleet Visibility at Your Fingertips: Austin Henderson, director of IT infrastructure and innovation, FirstFleet Inc.;
• Focusing on Fuel: Ann Wilson, director of transportation systems strategy, and Jeffrey Smith, transportation strategy manager, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.;
• Just-Right-Routing: Cesar Ontiveros, transportation operations, HEB Grocery Co.;
• Fleet and Driver Visibility: Jeannie Gordon, vice president, compliance, Landstar Systems Inc.; and
• Transportation Economic Environment: Alan Gin, Ph.D., associate professor of economics, University of San Diego.
The discussions will serve as a venue to share best practices among customer attendees and outline ways to maximize the impact of mobile computing on fleet management, safety, regulatory compliance and customer service. Vision 2012 targets executives and senior level managers in information systems, operations, fleet maintenance and safety, Vision 2012’s sessions will unveil new insights into the latest innovations designed to increase business efficiency and profitability.
“Vision 2012’s interactive breakout sessions will offer attendees the opportunity to come away with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the industry as a whole, as well as the ability to leverage this knowledge to overcome some of the industry’s most critical challenges,” says Norm Ellis, vice president of sales, services and marketing for Qualcomm Enterprise Services. “Through these sessions, peer-to-peer networking events and hands-on demonstrations, conference attendees will be equipped with best practices and solutions needed to be agile in today’s marketplace to transform their business operations.”
During Vision 2012’s Q-Expo, attendees will have the opportunity to interact directly with Qualcomm’s product managers and technical experts through hands-on demos of the company’s latest applications and platforms. Additionally, the Vision 2012 Partner Expo will serve as a venue for conference participants to engage providers of complementary technology to further enhance the value of their investment in mobile fleet management solutions.
McLeod Software, Telogis and TMW Systems are platinum sponsors of Vision 2012; ALK Technologies, Comdata, EBE, FleetRisk Advisors and Manhattan are gold sponsors; and Bendix, Bolt, Cams Pro, Meritor Wabco, Sylectus and StarTrak are silver sponsors. For more information and to register to attend, go to http://transportation.qualcomm.com/vision2012.