DPL Telematics, a provider of asset monitoring and telemetry technologies, announced the release of the MultiTrack system for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of powered or unpowered assets to reduce theft, prevent loss and manage inventory.
The company says its new portable GPS unit requires no external wiring or antenna and may be hidden on any asset, installing in seconds.
The MultiTrack allows managers to remotely monitor any asset accurately from an Internet-based software package or mobile app. Some of its noteworthy features are:
- No external wiring or antenna for “slap and track” type installation
- Internal battery powered for up to 16 weeks of battery life between charges. The unit completely recharges in 3 hours via wall plug
- Little to no sky view required so as to be hidden inside or under certain assets
- Rugged, SAE J1455 compliant waterproof design for deployment in harsh environments
- Compact and portable for rotation between company assets, if needed
As a locator, the MultiTrack notifies whenever the host asset begins moving. Alerts can be set up during customer defined curfews whenever there is unauthorized activity.
As a semi-permanent trailer tracking installation, an optional wiring harness may be used to extend battery life. The system is wired to the tail light circuitry to automatically charge whenever the trailer is hitched. When disconnected from power the unit uses its internal battery to communicate location, speed, travel time, route, unauthorized movement and tow alerts.
“Since it is a true portable product, the unit may be moved between assets quickly and without any wiring,” said Tony Nicoletti, director of strategy and business development at DPL Telematics.