Truck-Lite’s Super 66, six-inch oval LED stop/turn/tail (S/T/T) lamp is the first of a new series of single-diode lamps in various stages of development.
The Super 66 is less directional than multiple-diode LED lamp designs, thanks to the company’s Advanced Optics Design software. Because it looks more like a traditional incandescent lamp, says Truck-Lite, the Super 66 will be less prone to theft. However, it will provide all the advantages offered by LEDs, including:
- 100,000-hour life – equivalent to more than 11 years’ continuous operation;
- Narrow wavelength light, providing intense color;
- Low amperage draw, causing fewer wiring and alternator problems;
- Instantaneous glow time – 0.2 seconds faster than incandescent lamps;
- Superior resistance to shock and vibration.
Truck-Lite Co. (www.truck-lite.com)