The Internal Revenue Service now offers more information via e-mail including:
- IRS Digital Dispatch, which offers national tax news;
- IRS Newswire, which provides IRS news releases and fact sheets;
- IRS Tax Tips, a series of hints and reminders issued daily during the filing season;
- SB/SE Mailing List, which provides information about IRS small business and self-employed outreach products and programs; and
- Employee Plans News, a quarterly publication containing retirement plan information.
Also, taxpayers can now check the status of their refunds online at www.irs.gov, by entering their Social Security number, filing status and the exact amount of their refund. Taxpayers can quickly learn whether their return was received and is in processing or if a refund was mailed or direct-deposited on a certain date. The site also will notify taxpayers if a refund has been returned to the IRS because it couldn’t be delivered.