It has been about four months since the new hours-of-service rules were issued and in another four months they will take effect. At this midpoint in the preparation phase, are you really ready to switch over to the new regime?
By now, you probably understand the basics. But have you determined what effect the new rules will have on your ability to serve your customer, keep drivers happy and keep your operation profitable or cost-effective? And do your customers understand what the changes will mean for them?
If you are still wondering what the world might be like come Jan. 4, then I invite you to the Hours-of-Service Forum: New Challenges, Real Solutions, to be held Friday, Sept. 26 in conjunction with the Great American Trucking Show at the Dallas Convention Center.
We have invited panelists from top carriers, shippers and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. During this interactive, three-hour luncheon session, industry leaders will discuss some of the most critical issues surrounding the implementation of the changes, including:
- Preserving the productivity of drivers and owner-operators;
- Serving customers cost-effectively;
- Raising awareness of the rule among customers; and
- Sharing “best practices” with shippers and receivers to limit the rule’s impact.
For those who are interested, we will continue the discussion in breakout groups to be held later in the GATS Fleet Pavilion, a special lounge and educational area for fleet operators on the exhibition floor.
There is no registration fee for the forum, which includes a complimentary lunch, but space is limited, and you must register by Sept. 19. For registration information, visit this site.
As a reminder, the Hours-of-Service Forum isn’t the only reason to join us at the Great American Trucking Show. This year’s event, to be held Sept. 26-28, also features:
- The industry’s second largest exhibition of trucking products and services
- Commercial Work Truck Pavilion
- Expedite Pavilion
- Texas Motor Transportation Association educational programs.
- Truckload Carriers Association Independent Contractor Division Annual Meeting.
We look forward to seeing you Sept. 26.