TMW Systems, the largest provider of enterprise management software designed specifically for the trucking industry, announced that the company’s success during the first quarter of 2007 — from a financial, customer, and product standpoint — sends a strong signal of continued positive momentum.
The company added 34 new customers, and reached a number of milestones in several product areas, said David Wangler, TMW president and chief executive officer.
“From the financial perspective, net revenues for the first quarter were up 35.6 percent and new license sales increased 52.2 percent over the same period last year. Individually these figures are impressive, but together they underscore the strength of continued market demand for both TMWSuite and TruckMate” Wangler said.
Wangler also announced the addition of several prominent new customers in the first quarter, including: Carlile Transportation Systems, Gemini Traffic Sales, ACE Worldwide, and Bullet Freight Systems.
During the quarter, TMW was also able to deliver on a number of new market initiatives. These included:
· The launch of TMW’s OnRoute mobile dispatch solution in partnership with Qualcomm and Sprint. Utilizing Qualcomm’s Mobility Wireless Services and Sprint’s cellular network, OnRoute turns wireless, GPS enabled phones running Java into convenient driver communications devices.
· The rollout of TMW’s D2Link software at UniGroup. D2Link, a cost-effective solution for connecting drivers to dispatchers, uses inexpensive cell phones with basic data processing capabilities to enable carriers to integrate dispatch-to-driver communications into their existing enterprise software.
· A third major fuel card vendor signed on for development of an interactive interface from TMW software to their card and financial management services.
· Brokerage, logistics and LTL summits were held with selected clients and prospects in February to plan enhancements and advanced business support for these growing TMW customer segments.
· The voting membership of the TMWSuite Customer Advisory Board expanded by three seats for 2007 to reflect the increased size and breadth of TMW’s client base.