Fleet executives can learn ways their peers are dealing with the challenges of coming out of the recession at the Commercial Vehicle Outlook Conference in Dallas later this month. Moderated by Avery Vise, editorial director of Commercial Carrier Journal, “Dealing with cost and productivity challenges” is a panel discussion that will offer an in-depth look at the financial, regulatory, technological and legal hurdles carriers face as the industry climbs out of a long, deep recession.
Panelists also will share steps they are taking to position their companies for success in the near term and long run. Panelists include:
• Max Fuller, co-chairman, U.S. Xpress;
• Leo Suggs, chairman and chief executive officer, Greatwide Logistics Services; and
• Tom Kretsinger, president and CEO, American Central Transport.
Scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 26, from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m., the panel will be a highlight of the Commercial Vehicle Outlook Conference, a new event produced by CCJ magazine, Randall-Reilly and the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association. Held at the Dallas Convention Center Aug. 25-26 – the day prior to, and the opening day of, the Great American Trucking Show – CVOC will provide critical information for all segments of the commercial fleet business, including fleet executives, truck OEMs, part and component suppliers, truck dealers, distributors, maintenance and repair specialists and owner-operators.
Other sessions will include:
• The outlook for freight availability and rates, truck utilization and the looming driver shortage;
• The changing landscape of the capital markets;
• An update on hot-button issues impacting carrier safety; and
• The changing relationships between OEMs, suppliers, dealers and fleets.
Registration begins at 11 a.m. Wednesday, followed by a networking lunch. A networking reception will be held immediately following the program on Wednesday. The conference ends at noon on Thursday when the Great American Trucking Show opens. The event is sponsored by Castrol, Kenworth, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Paccar Engine, Paccar Parts, Peterbilt, Utility Trailer and Volvo Trucks North America.
For conference fee and registration details, go to www.ccjdigital.com/cvoc, call 888-349-4287 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.