Responding to customer demands for superior force protection, mobility, ride quality and reliability, ArvinMeritor Inc. announced the launch of its Meritor ProTec High Mobility Independent Suspension (HMIS) Series. Designed for tactical and combat wheeled military vehicles and armored personnel carriers, as well as off-highway, emergency and custom chassis vehicles, the ProTec HMIS is available in three configurations – Series 30 for light duty, Series 40 for medium and medium-heavy duty and Series 50 for heavy-duty applications.
“No market places greater demands on equipment than the defense, specialty and off-highway customers we serve,” says David Damian, sales and business development director, Defense, ArvinMeritor. “As a result of the extreme challenges our customers face on a daily basis, we have engineered the Meritor ProTec high-mobility independent suspensions to provide enhanced levels of protection, maximum payload and reliable performance.”
Damian says that among the innovative features of the ProTec HMIS Series is the design versatility offered by the interchangeable use of air springs, air struts, coil springs and hydrostruts, resulting in a high level of customization and flexibility that facilitates usage in a variety of applications with maximum commonality. Additionally, the ProTec HMIS Series features full electronic system integration of suspension height control, active damping, electronic differential lock controls and electronic stability control.
The ProTec HMIS Series also offers the following features and benefits:
• Up to 38-degree turn angle delivers optimum best-in-class maneuverability;
• Up to 21 inches of total wheel travel provides maximum off-road mobility;
• Lightweight materials and design architecture maximize payload capacity;
• Modular systems-based architecture allows for common gearing and suspension components to be used across an entire family of vehicles;
• System flexibility allows for integration into multiple chassis types, including monocoque, space frame or standard frame rails; and
• All military suspensions are backed by global aftermarket support.