Arrow Truck Sales has announced the launch of Arrow’s Back On The Road 2011 campaign, presented by Volvo Trucks North America. Now in its fourth year, Back On The Road is an initiative designed to benefit a deserving trucker in need of a truck and a job. Country music singer Aaron Tippin is lending his support to the program once again and will serve an active role throughout the search, including helping select the winner.
“Truckers are the backbone of our nation’s economy,” says Steve Clough, president of Arrow Truck Sales. “We’re proud to help a deserving driver climb back in the cab and start hauling again.”
Beginning immediately, Arrow will solicit stories from truckers across the nation who may have lost their truck, and their livelihood, through unfortunate circumstances beyond their control. The 2011 campaign also will consider nominations for truckers who have, selflessly, served as champions for the profession and the trucking industry in general. The trucker whose story is selected will receive a one-year lease on a Volvo VNL tractor, courtesy of Volvo Trucks North America, a one-year work agreement with Heartland Express and other great products and services.
“Winning Back On The Road was the best thing that could have happened to me and my family,” says Robert Snyder, Arrow’s 2010 Back On The Road winner. “I now have a steady income, a great truck, and I get to see more of my family. I encourage anyone with a worthy story to apply.”
In addition to the truck and work agreement, the winner of Back On The Road will receive:
• X One XDA Energy tires – Michelin
• TriPac auxiliary power unit – Thermo King
• Monthly $500 fuel cards – Pilot Flying J
• Business consulting tools – ATBS
• Insurance – Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association
• A 3-year / 300K-mile warranty – National Truck Protection Inc.
• One year’s worth of filter products – Genuine Volvo Parts
• Custom truck paint job – Dickinson Fleet Services
• Truck accessories and fenders – Minimizer Products
• Memory foam mattress – SleepDog Mattress
• Paint – Sherwin-Williams
• Health assessment and check-ups – Roadside Medical Clinic & Lab
Arrow invites people from across the country to nominate friends, family members, associates and even themselves for this opportunity. Applications include a compelling 250-word story explaining why the nominee deserves to win. Stories about family loss, loss from natural disaster or a recent return from military service all could be considered valid story submissions.
Arrow will accept nominations until Dec. 5 at www.backontheroad2011.com. The winner will be announced at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky., where he or she will receive a truck and prizes.