GreenRoad, which provides solutions to reduce fuel consumption based on driving behavior, announced the addition of an idling performance solution to its overall service to help fleets further reduce fuel consumption and vehicle emissions. According to the company, the typical GreenRoad 360 customer already sees fuel economy savings of up to 10 percent, and with this new solution, drivers can cut fuel consumption by an additional 2 to 5 percent.
GreenRoad says its new customizable idling management capability quickly identifies specific drivers, vehicles or trips that negatively impact fuel performance by automatically identifying idling activities that are exceptions to company policy based on client-defined policy thresholds, applying sophisticated filtering to unavoidable idling that occurs at traffic lights and stop signs.
“GreenRoad is able to provide managers and drivers with complete control over idling, eliminating the cost and environmental impact incurred by this manageable driving behavior,” says Dan Steere, chief executive officer of GreenRoad.
GreenRoad says its approach doesn’t require ECM integration or an ignition sensor upfit to determine whether or not the engine is running. The solution, according to the company, also:
• Eliminates the need for manual effort or data download procedures;
• Minimizes the time and effort required to assess and sustain improvements in idling performance;
• Has no impact on vehicle warranty or sub-systems;
• Identifies vehicles with weak batteries or electrical system issues;
• Is customizable in all vehicle years, makes and models; and
• Allows managers to see where idling is most prevalent via a GPS Mapping component.