Snap-on says that when it recently redesigned its diagnostics website at http://diagnostics.snapon.com, it made many functional improvements to make it easier for visitors to learn about the company and its product offerings. One new feature that was added to the site is the diagnostics product forum, which includes several bulletin boards where users can share their diagnostic tool questions, suggestions, ideas and success stories.
“When professional technicians visit our new diagnostics product forum, they’ll have the opportunity to connect with other users to learn that latest tips and tricks for getting the most out of their scantool, scope or information system,” says Mark Schaefer, director of marketing for Snap-on Diagnostics.
Discussion forums are available for:
• Diagnostic platforms: general discussion about Snap-on diagnostic systems, software updates and accessories;
• Scanner capabilities: tips, tricks, questions and suggestions, such as codes, data, functional tests and troubleshooting;
• Lab scope and component level testing: tips, tricks, questions and suggestions, such as discussion of instrumentation and information for testing vehicles at the component level;
• What do you want in your Snap-on diagnostic tools? Share with Snap-on the additional features that you need or desire in our tools; and
• ShopKey Users: join shop owners/managers and technicians in discussing tips, tricks, questions and suggestions on Snap-on’s information repair solution.