ALK Technologies Inc., a developer of truck-specific routing, mileage and mapping software, announced that its voice-guided, truck-specific GPS navigation app has experienced strong sales across multiple mobile platforms, since CoPilot Truck v8’s launch less than a year ago.
“With the increase in popularity and wide choice of mobile devices now available, it’s even more important to ensure professional drivers have access to dependable truck-specific turn-by-turn navigation,” said Michael Kornhauser, Managing Director, CoPilot Solutions, ALK Technologies.
According to a study conducted by the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (PIRE) sponsored by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Federal Highway Administration, the average cost per non-fatal injury crash is greater than $195,000. With new regulations focused on commercial vehicle safety, drivers are looking for ways to improve safety compliance and avoid expensive crash costs and accidents altogether.
Designed specifically for professional drivers, CoPilot Truck calculates safe and reliable truck-legal routes based on vehicle size and load type based on street-level ALK Digital Maps of the U.S. and Canada, enhanced with PC Miler truck-specific attributes.
Additional truck-specific benefits include:
• Avoids low bridge clearances and weight/height/width-restricted roads
• Avoids Hazmat or flammable materials-restricted roads
• Commercial Truck routing options include: Practical, Shortest, 53’/102” Trailer or Twins, National Network and Toll Avoidance
• Truck-specific POIs including weigh stations, CAT Scales, rest areas, truck stops and truck service facilities
• Generate state mileage logs to provide an accurate record for billing and tax calculation
“The CoPilot Professional GPS navigation application has seen tremendous growth with over 250,000 professional drivers worldwide, and we’re thrilled to now see demand of CoPilot Truck’s unique truck-specific navigation solution rise among the leading mobile platforms,” Kornhauser adds. “We are particularly encouraged by the rapid adoption from Android Smartphone and Tablet customers.”
CoPilot Truck is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store, Android Market and via www.copilotlive.com