The Transportation Marketing and Sales Association has announced the winners of its 59th Annual Compass Awards, which recognize the best in marketing, sales and communications within the transportation, logistics and passenger transit industries.
Entries were judged by industry professionals in the following categories: integrated communications program, single advertisement, advertising campaign, direct marketing campaign, communications collateral, publications, innovative publishing, Web-based marketing, multimedia marketing and special events. The new innovative publishing category honored publishers who have used creative and innovative tactics to position the messages of their advertisers. Winners were selected based on the detailed write-up of their marketing campaign and the actual creative work samples.
“This year’s winners truly turned up the heat, showcasing the utmost creativity and uniqueness,” said Dick Metzler, TMSA president. “It’s great to see industry professionals come together to develop campaigns that will ultimately grow their businesses and the transportation, logistics and passenger transit industries.”
Winners also were selected for the overall highest scores – Best in Show in the Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer categories. All award recipients will be honored during the gala on June 7 following TMSA’s Annual Conference and Marketing Expo in San Diego. This year’s Compass Award winners include:
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: Dallas Area Rapid Transit and Panther Expedited Services, Inc.
• Receiving Awards of Merit: C.H. Robinson, FedEx Services and HMH.
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: Dallas Area Rapid Transit and The Port Authority of NY and NJ.
• Receiving an Award of Merit: BART.
Direct Marketing Campaign
• Receiving an Award of Excellence: Con-way Freight.
• Receiving Awards of Merit: Riverside Transit Agency, The T and VantagePoint Marketing.
Innovative Publishing (New Category)
• Receiving an Award of Merit: American Shipper.
Integrated Communications Program
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: FedEx Services and LeSaint Logistics.
• Receiving Awards of Merit: Circlepoint, Con-way Freight, Exel Transportation, FedEx Services, Globe Express Services (Overseas Group), Levenson and Hill, MindShare Strategies Inc., Pulsar Advertising and VantagePoint Marketing.
• Receiving an Award of Excellence: Allegory Studios.
• Receiving Awards of Merit: C.H. Robinson and Ryder Supply Chain Solutions.
• Receiving an Award of Merit: San Joaquin Regional Transit District and Transplace.
• Receiving an Award of Excellence: C.H. Robinson.
• Receiving an Award of Merit: TriMet.
• Receiving Awards of Merit: Con-way Freight, MindShare Strategies Inc., Ryder Systems Inc. and San Joaquin Regional Transit District.
• Receiving Awards of Excellence: C.H. Robinson, HMH, Pacer International Inc., Pulsar Advertising, Ryder Supply Chain Solutions and VantagePoint Marketing.
• Receiving Awards of Merit: BNSF Railway, Circlepoint, Crowley Maritime Corporation and Roundarch, Con-way Freight, Con-way Multimodal, The T and TransLink.