Yokohama Tire Corp. has launched its updated Website at www.yokohamatire.com designed to put customers and their needs first, says Theresa Palang, Yokohama manager of public relations and digital marketing. It is built for engagement, interactivity, education, empowerment with information and positive shopping experience.
“With the new site, we have now provided those customers with new means by which to express their needs and on a platform that is increasingly becoming their choice – digital,” Palang says. “The new site walks the user through according to their preferences and on a centralized hub that integrates all social media channels, tools and resources.”
Key elements of the site include:
• Interactive Driving Style Selector: Asks consumers what their driving style is on a continuum of easy-going to spirited;
• Relative Performance Meter: Asks consumers to rate five tire performance factors in order of importance to them, including dry handling, wet handling, winter traction, noise/comfort and longevity;
• Interactive Product “Hot Spots:” Explains how each tire feature has been built to deliver a specific benefit;
• Tires 101: Educates consumers on the relationship between tires and wheels, aspect ratios, tire sizing systems, speed ratings, load-carrying capacity, customizing options and tire care and safety. Includes a glossary for better understanding of terms related to the characteristics and performance of tires;
• Tech Lab: Informs on the technologies that go into the design and manufacture of Yokohama tires, including water evacuation, tread wear, rolling resistance and aerodynamics simulations;
• Integrated Social Media: Yokohama’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels are in one convenient place for consumers to post threads or learn what others are saying about Yokohama. Additionally, Yokohama’s proprietary iPad app is made available for download for consumers to take on the go; and
• Content Sharing and Bookmarking: Consumers researching a product easily can e-mail/print information or make instant connections with others through a variety of bookmarking and sharing tools that include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Digg, Delicious, MSN Messenger, Reddit, Yammer and more than 300 additional tools.
To assist the consumer in the decision-making process, shopping tools also are provided, which include:
• Tire Comparisons: Side-by-side comparisons are presented for up to three Yokohama tires selected; and
• Dealer Locator: Multiple points of access provide a gateway anytime during the tire search process to the Dealer Locator, which returns results showing independent tire dealers, auto dealerships and OE service providers.
Yokohama also will roll out new standalone sections on the site, including Commercial Tire, Off-The-Road Tire (OTR), Sustainability and Motorsports. “The user-centric Website with integrated social media channels are only the beginning,” Palang says. “As our customers migrate to other, newer digital platforms in the future, we will introduce additional initiatives to make sure we are responsive to their preferences and needs.”