Senior executives from major trucking companies will share their insights on the changing market and their companies’ performance during the half-day Avondale Partners Trucking Forum on Wednesday, Aug. 24, from 7 to 11 a.m. at the Dallas Convention Center. The second annual Commercial Vehicle Outlook Conference begins with a luncheon immediately following the Avondale forum.
Avondale Partners’ Donald Broughton, managing director, and Kristine Kubacki, senior analyst, industrials, will provide an outlook for trucking and trucking equipment. Following their remarks will be presentations on:
• Schneider Truckload’s outlook on the economy and the industry, Mark Rourke, president, truckload services;
• Celadon’s vision for and role in North American trade, Stephen Russell, chairman and chief executive officer; and
• The changing landscape of trucking and the even bigger changes at USA Truck, Cliff Beckham, director, president and CEO.
At the conclusion of the fleet presentations, there will be a question-and-answer session with all of the speakers. The forum will be held in Room C141 at the Dallas Convention Center.
The Avondale Partners Trucking Forum is open exclusively to CVOC registrants. Onsite registration for the CVOC begins at 11 a.m., immediately following the Trucking Forum, just outside Ballroom C. The conference ends at noon on Thursday when the Great American Trucking Show opens. Highlights of the CVOC include:
• Keynote presentation by Karl Rove, former deputy chief of staff and senior advisor to President George W. Bush, who will give his insider’s view on Washington politics and the 2012 presidential election;
• The Future Truck, a presentation and panel discussion featuring Sandeep Kar, global director, commercial vehicle research, Frost & Sullivan; Max Fuller, co-chairman and CEO, U.S. Xpress; and Kyle Treadway, president of Kenworth Sales Co. and chairman of the American Truck Dealers; and
• Trucking’s Economic Outlook, featuring Noel Perry, managing director with FTR Consulting Group; and Peter Nesvold, transportation and logistics analyst with Jefferies & Co.
For more details and to register, go to www.cvoconline.com. Presented by the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association and Randall-Reilly Business Media and Information, the CVOC is sponsored by Castrol, Chevron, Espar Heater Systems, Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Kenworth, Paccar Parts, Paccar Engines, Peterbilt and Valvoline.