OnAsset Intelligence Inc., a provider of machine-to-machine wireless asset tracking, sensing and control solutions, announced the latest version of the Vision Software Platform, a Software-as-a-Service solution designed to provide shippers with 24/7 visibility regarding the whereabouts and condition of their high-value assets in the supply chain. OnAsset says Vision features intuitive mapping capabilities with custom data overlays that visualize the real-time state and location – as well as the status history – of any high-value asset being tracked by the company’s Sentry devices.
Shippers and third-party logistics providers use Vision to monitor and analyze the data sent from Sentry devices in the field, and Vision helps shippers manage response plans in the event of a theft or temperature alert during transit. OnAsset says new functionality incorporated into the latest version of Vision makes it easier for customers to:
• Establish threshold limits regarding the temperature, pressure, humidity, light, motion, shock and vibration of transported assets;
• Create virtual perimeter “geofences” that track the location of cargo from origin to destination. Vision can save route groups for frequent transit or repeat shipments;
• Customize notifications – via e-mail, SMS or EDI exchange – in the event of an alert;
• Incorporate third-party data feeds such as weather reports, traffic reports, surveillance cameras at points of interests such as rest stops or gas stations, airline arrivals, seaport arrivals, crime feeds and other data feeds; and
• Integrate Vision data directly into the ERP systems of shippers, manufacturers, distribution centers and retail outlets, providing complete visibility for in-transit and delivery status.
“Our Sentry asset tracking devices provide a wealth of data, and the Vision platform enables customers to interpret the data and turn it into actionable intelligence in the event of an alert during transit,” says Chris Robison, OnAsset vice president of development and professional services. “The latest version of Vision incorporates functionality that’s specifically designed to work the way that shippers and logistics providers work. Much more than just ‘dots-on-a-map,’ Vision is a business-centric tool that helps companies secure their supply chain and reduce their transportation costs.”