SelecTrucks is introducing a new preowned truck certification that it says will provide the industry’s most grueling and comprehensive inspection and reconditioning process. The SelectCertified badge, applied to qualifying trucks, will give owner-operators and fleet managers the assurance that the used truck they’re buying meets SelecTrucks’ highest standards for quality and performance, the company says.
In addition to a standard 12-month/100,000-mile Select Limited Warranty, all SelectCertified trucks will include a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason the owner is unsatisfied with the truck, SelecTrucks will exchange it for another truck within 30 days of purchase.
The SelectCertified certification process includes the following:
• A 148-point inspection by factory-trained Freightliner technicians;
• All mechanical and cosmetic components that fail inspection are repaired or replaced to original OEM standards;
• The engine, transmission and rear axle(s) fluids and filters are replaced;
• A Dyno is performed to ensure the vehicle’s powertrain is performing within manufacturer-recommended tolerances;
• A federal U.S. Department of Transportation inspection and certification; and
• A five-step interior and exterior detailing, including degreasing and painting of the frame/chassis, polishing of all aluminum/stainless components, cab buff and polish and a complete interior detail.
“When you buy a SelectCertified truck, you’re not just buying a truck, you’re making a smart business decision,” says Drew Backeberg, director of used truck sales and distribution at SelecTrucks. “Each truck has undergone multiple inspections and more than 20 hours of reconditioning to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality truck. The SelectCertified badge is our way of demonstrating to customers that we’re committed to their complete satisfaction. We are making the investment so they don’t have to.”