Cheetah Software Systems, a cloud-based transportation logistics solutions provider, has announced the availability of the Cheetah Operations Simulator, a tool designed to analyze the impact of operational changes, monitor performance and identify opportunities to increase operational performance.
The Cheetah Operations Simulator, available immediately to all Cheetah customers, works by comparing historical data against simulated data within the Cheetah system, allowing customers to evaluate complex “what if” scenarios to answer questions such as:
• Is more or less equipment required for optimal performance?
• Can we profitably handle more orders with our current assets?
• Should we expand or consolidate our terminal network?
According to the company, the Cheetah Operations Simulator:
• Uses production data to rerun a day’s work;
• Runs at hyper speed – rerun a 15-hour production day in one hour;
• Simulates driver communications activities; and
• Creates a route analysis spreadsheet comparing actual vs. simulated results.
“The Cheetah Operations Simulator helps our customers make intelligent decisions about how their operations are running and where improvements can be made,” says Bobby Darroll, Cheetah’s president and chief executive officer. “Cheetah customers can run through scenarios representing days of operations in a few hours, allowing them to identify ways to improve their efficiency, productivity and ultimately their profitability.”