Motorola Solutions unveiled the SL Series portable and the XPR 5000 mobile radio series as the latest additions to MotoTrbo (pronounced “moto turbo”), its professional digital communications portfolio that meets the requirements of narrowbanding.
Motorola says its MotoTrbo product line, launced in early 2007, will have shipped over 1 million units globally by mid year. MotoTrbo delivers exceptional voice quality, extended battery life, increased capacity and the industry’s largest application developer program for increased productivity and enhanced worker safety.
The SL Series is a very thin, lightweight Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) portable, designed to meet the communication needs of business users and executives in industries such as hospitality, services, security and airlines.
Key features of the SL Series include:
• A rugged, high-resolution color display with a built-in photo sensor that automatically detects ambient lighting and adjusts the display brightness for optimal viewing in all lighting conditions.
• The radio has Intelligent Audio, which automatically adjusts the radio’s volume to fit background noise so users will not miss calls in a high-noise environment or disturb others in quiet areas.
• Integrated Bluetooth audio allows users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adaptor. Motorola offers exclusive operations critical wireless earpieces specifically designed for two-way radio users, allowing employees more mobility and to converse discreetly. The radio also supports Bluetooth data connectivity to wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers.
• The SL Series supports the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications, such as work order ticket management, e-mail, dispatch, network monitoring and telephone interconnect.
• The radio also offers vibrate alert, covert mode and an integrated antenna design that optimizes range performance – all of which are designed for ease of use and discreet communication.
The XPR 5000 Series is a fully-featured analog and digital mobile radio family that delivers exceptional voice and data communications integrated GPS and text messaging. The XPR 5000 mobile radio series features a full-color display, making it easy for users in the public administration, utilities and transportation markets to view contact lists, text messages and applications.
It also offers integrated Bluetooth audio and data, allowing users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adaptor. Users can wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers.