At its annual convention in Kissimmee, Fla., the Truckload Carriers Association paid tribute to the many “Ambassador Club” companies who have held longtime memberships within the association. Warren Transport Inc., of Waterloo, Iowa, reached 60 years of membership, while another 11 companies were recognized for reaching milestones within their membership tenures. Six TCA members reached 25 years of membership, qualifying them for induction into the club.
“It is so gratifying to see how many companies value their TCA membership enough to stick with us for 25, 50 or even 71 years like our most senior Ambassador, Craig Transportation Company of Perrysburg, Ohio,” says Chris Burruss, TCA’s president. “These companies are the lifeblood of our association, and we are very grateful for their support over such a lengthy time.”
TCA established its Ambassador Club in 1996 as a way to honor companies that maintain memberships with the organization for 25 years or longer. After their induction, companies are honored every five years for their ongoing commitment to TCA and their industry. Special recognition is bestowed when a company reaches the 50- or 75-year mark.
With the addition of the six newest inductees, there are now a total of 81 companies in TCA’s Ambassador Club. The 2012 honorees are as follows:
• Warren Transport Inc., Waterloo, Iowa
• 1st Guard Corp., Venice, Fla.
• Carrier Transicold, Syracuse, N.Y.
• Contractual Carriers Inc., Newark, Del.
• Cummins Inc., Columbus, Ind.
• Eaton Corp.-Roadranger, Kalamazoo, Mich.
• J.J. Keller & Associates Inc., Neenah, Wis.
• Meritor Inc., Troy, Mich.
• Navistar Inc., Warrenville, Ill.
• Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co., City of Industry, Calif.
• Thermo King Corp., Bloomington, Minn.
• Volvo Trucks North America, Greensboro, N.C.
• Baldwin Distribution Services Ltd., Amarillo, Texas
• Gordon Trucking Inc., Pacific, Wash.
• Interstate Distributor Co., Tacoma, Wash.
• JBS Carriers, Greeley, Colo.
• National Carriers, Inc., Liberal, Kan.
• Paschall Truck Lines, Inc., Murray, Kan.