TMW Systems, the largest transportation management software provider to the transportation and logistics industry, announced a number of new enhancements, integrations and products in its Appian, Optimization, and Business Intelligence product lines.
These new developments are being demonstrated during the TransForum 2012 user conference and exhibition, held in Orlando, Fla., Sept 24-26.
The TMW Transportation Modeler is the first new product—based on joint technology developments with other TMW product lines—introduced by the Appian group. TMW purchased the former Appian Logistics Software company in 2011.
New enhancements, integrations and products announced for Appian products include:
- Added stop filters to simplify map displays
- New multi-compartment tanker stop routing and detail feature, suited for oil and gas delivery
- Algorithm enhancements to filter out backhaul opportunities that would exceed specific, user-customizable, out-of-route travel limits by maximum mileage or maximum percentage and an “LTL Cost” option to compare both backhaul and other stops for lowest transport cost with own fleet assets or external carriers
- Mixed delivery and pickup activities at stop location
- Closer integration with TMW transportation management products: Innovative IES, TMWSuite and TruckMate
- New algorithm for improved solution quality and multi-week scheduling
- Added capability for Trailer Scheduling
- A refreshed user-interface with advanced controls that increase application performance, provide a cleaner look and more extensive user customization
- Integration with D2Link for expanded handheld device options
- Customizable email alerts for trip exceptions
- Auto-tuning for account geo-locations based on actual lat/long readings
- Integrations with NexTraq, Networkfleet, International Telematics and Teletrac
TMW Transportation Modeler
- Model orders and shipments—Balance transportation demand with shipper requirements and carrier capacity
- Evaluate mode shifts and costs savings
- Model consolidation scenarios—LTL to truckload consolidations and parcel to LTL consolidations
- Model new markets—evaluate future demand on current capacity to identify optimal scenarios to expand network including internal assets versus outsourcing
TMW’s Optimization product line includes IDSC Netwise, IDSC MatchAdvice, IDSC TripAlert and IDSC ExpertFuel. The key enhancements and new developments announced for the Optimization group include:
- Added consideration for Diesel Exhaust Fluid availability in fueling networks
- Added Hours-of-Operation detail for fuel stop planning
- Added EFS and Comdata sources of nationwide diesel pricing data
IDSC Netwise integration with the TMW Data Warehouse
IDSC Netwise, IDSC MatchAdvice, IDSC ExpertFuel and IDSC TripAlert gain a web-based management and reporting portal enabling additional analysis capabilities
Integration of all products to electronic driver log solutions from PeopleNet, Qualcomm, and DriverTech
New Location Analysis consulting service applies proprietary hub analytics algorithms to freight movements for the purpose of analyzing historical flow densities across lanes, regions and business activities
TMW’s Business Intelligence platform includes TMW Data Warehouse, the TMW Data Warehouse Explorer and TMW Transport Analytics Visual Solutions. New enhancements and products offer customers increased levels of insight about their business operations and financial performance, the company says.
“This year, we’re introducing significant new business intelligence tools called Transport Analytics Visual Solutions that build on our TMW Data Warehouse product. These new solutions benefit from centralized and normalized data that can span several operations and applications, from vehicle tracking and performance to order and shipment details to asset maintenance activities,” said David Wangler, President and CEO of TMW Systems. “The first targets for our new Transport Analytics solutions will prove immediately recognizable to truckload carriers – Utilization, Unscheduled Maintenance and Fuel Management. All three have a demonstrated impact on company profitability and operating efficiency.”