PeopleNet, a Trimble Company and provider of fleet mobility technology, announced an upgrade to its CoPilot Truck mobile navigation software, in partnership with ALK Technologies. Previously only available on PeopleNet devices with Windows operating platforms, in-cab navigation powered by ALK Technologies’ CoPilot Truck application is now compatible with PeopleNet’s Android-based devices.
“To be a competitor in today’s transportation landscape, technology companies must offer their users multi-platform accessibility. Software that is cross-compatible offers a wider range of flexibility to PeopleNet fleets looking for a high-performing route optimization software,” said Tom Dorazio, director of product management at PeopleNet
When a driver’s route is dispatched, the CoPilot Truck application delivers the following functionalities on both Windows- and Android-based PeopleNet devices:
- Safe, accurate and truck-legal spoken turn-by-turn navigation
- Advance notice of upcoming lane changes with lane assist guidance and CoPilot ClearTurn navigation
- Up-to-date street-level maps of the U.S. and Canada
- Load-specific routing including 7 different hazmat categories
- Fast, automatic re-route calculation if you miss a turn or go off-route
- Customizable vehicle profiles and guidance settings to automatically avoid truck-restricted routes
- Over 7 million truck-specific points of interest (POIs)
- Customizable POIs and avoid/favorable roads
- Truck-specific map data with over 3.52 million commercial truck restrictions and allowances
- In-cab speed alerts to notify drivers when driving over posted speed limits
The platform integration was announced at the 2015 TMW TransForum user conference being held in Orlando, Fl., Sept. 13-16.