Eaton has started production and shipping of the company’s recently upgraded line of aftermarket Eaton Advantage Self-Adjust and Eaton Easy Pedal Advantage heavy-duty clutches.
Ben Karrer, global product strategy manager, Eaton Vehicle Group, says enhancements were made to both designs to improve durability, reduce vibration and better enable smooth, effortless shifting.
The 28 part numbers – a reduction from 41 previous part numbers thanks to combining several earlier models into one – feature a wide range of torque ratings up to 2,250 lbs.-ft. for replacement service for all makes and models of heavy-duty trucks in North America.
Highlights of the enhancements include:
- A new strap drive system, which affixes the intermediate plate to the housing on the clutches, prolongs clutch life by eliminating lug fatigue that over time could lead to failures. The design also eliminates noisy rattle that is associated with the prior design.
- Eaton’s soft rate dampers effectively absorb engine vibrations to prevent driveline damage and are now standard on all clutches. This premium damper technology enables downspeeding at all torque ratings up to 1,850 lbs.-ft.
- A patent pending spring separator system permits cleaner, quicker disengagement with the engine for more efficient, smoother shifting.
- A second wear tab indicator has been added to the Advantage Self-Adjust model giving maintenance professionals better access during visual inspections.
- Industry-best release bearing lube intervals for all Eaton Advantage heavy-duty clutches is 50,000 miles.