Yokohama Tire has announced size expansions for two of its commercial tires: the 124R and 714R.
The 124R, an all-position radial tire designed for regional pick-up and delivery fleets, has three new sizes: 225/70R19.5, 275/70R22.5 and 255/70R22.5, bringing the total number of sizes to 12.
“The 124R is built for lasting value,” said Tom Clauer, Yokohama’s senior manager of commercial product planning. “It delivers fleets a boost to their bottom line with longer original tread life and year-round performance.”
The all-season 124R also meets or exceeds the industry’s required performance criteria for severe snow service and carries the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol on the sidewall.
The 714R, engineered for urban pick-up/delivery applications, is an open shoulder drive tire with one new size: 255/70R22.5, for a total of four sizes. It also carries the three-peak mountain snowflake symbol on the sidewall.
Features of the 124R
• Year-round traction with deep sipes for wet and snow braking. Additionally, four wavy circumferential grooves promote even wear and offer optimal traction in the wet and snow.
• An extra-wide tread promotes better dispersal of contact pressure with the road to deliver longer tread life. Also, rigid shoulder ribs step-down wear and enhance driving stability.
• Rock shield platforms reduce stone and debris penetration for improved casing life, durability and retreadability.
• 124R carries a six-year unlimited retread casing warranty on all 17.5-inch and 19.5-inch sizes and a seven-year warranty on all 22.5-inch sizes.
Features of the 714R
• Open shoulder grooves provide excellent traction in wet or snow conditions.
• A newly designed wide tread pattern controls the ground contact pressure to deliver long, original tread life. Plus, tie-bar connectors control block movement to minimize heel/toe wear.
• Funnel-shaped step grooves prevent stones and other debris from reaching the bottom of the groove where casing damage can occur.
• Yokohama’s advanced compound provides significantly lower rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency.
• The 714R is backed by Yokohama’s seven-year unlimited retread casing warranty.