Phillips Industries is celebrating its 75th anniversary as a supplier of parts for the trucking industry. A patent was awarded for a signal arm to Phillips’ founder Hugh Phillips, who began selling truck parts to produce haulers in 1928. The company began manufacturing the reflective signal arm two years later, and it became the foundation on which the company was built.
Today, Phillips Industries is a creator as well as a distributor of a wide variety of commercial trucking products, serving both OEMs and the aftermarket. Phillips has been recognized by numerous industry awards including Ford’s Q1, Freightliner’s Master of Quality Awards, PACCAR’s Preferred Supplier Award, Volvo’s ISO 9002 and QS 9000 certification. Based in Santa Fe Springs, Calif., Phillips Industries has manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the United States and Canada.