APRIL 20TH, 2005 · 2:00 PM CST
SOUTHAVEN, MISSISSIPPI — Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc. will have a grand opening ceremony at their new National Parts Distribution Center at 2:00 PM on April 20th, 2005. “This new facility will help us serve our customers with greater speed and efficiency,” remarked National Parts Manager, Randy Feder. The 100,000 square foot distribution center houses more than 22,000 different parts to handle the complete line of Hino Trucks in North America.
With the opening of this new facility:
· Emergency order cut-off extended 8 hours (from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm)
· All stock orders received by midnight EST ship next day
· First pass fill rate of 98.5% vs. previous distribution network rate of 94%
· Daily backorder processing vs. previous distribution network rate of every 3-5 days
· Transportation cost reduction realized of up to 20% per carrier mile
· This new National PDC services 121 dealers -projected to grow to 150 dealers by year end.
Dignitaries Attending Opening Ceremony:
· Haley Barbour – Governor of Mississippi
· Greg Davis – Mayor of Southaven
· Takeshi Iida – Managing Director, Hino Motors, Ltd.
· Osamu Koyama – Executive Vice-President, Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A), Inc.
· Hiroji Kurayama – President, Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc.
· Hideichiro Chikahiro – President, Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A, Inc.
· Dennis Cuneo – Senior Vice-President, Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
Based in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, Hino Motor Sales, U.S.A is the United States Sales and Customer Support division of Hino Motors Ltd. of Tokyo, Japan. Hino Motors. Ltd. produces over 80,000 Class 4,5, 6 and 7 trucks and buses each year and is a market leader in the Asian truck market. Toyota owns controlling interest of Hino Motors, Ltd. PCP Holdings, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. also have a share of the ownership of this new National PDC facility.
For more information contact Mark J. Luttmann · Parts Marketing & Sales Manager · Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc. · 8425 Airways Boulevard, Suite 101 · Southaven, Mississippi 38671 · Phone: 662-342-3939, Ext. 102 · Fax: 662-342-5151 · email: email@example.com