Bill would provide fuel-tax credit for four-wheelers only

user-gravatar Headshot

In light of spiked fuel prices, a congressman introduced legislation Sept. 20 that would allow individual taxpayers to claim a $500 credit on their 2005 tax return for fuel expenses. The credit would not, however, apply to business vehicles.

The bill — sponsored by U.S. Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio — would apply to any personal highway vehicle fueled by diesel or gas.

HR 3828 was referred to the House Ways and Means Committee.