Rand McNally on Thursday, Aug. 26, introduced the latest enhancements to its line of GPS devices at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas. Built from the ground up for the over-the-road professional truck driver, the IntelliRoute TND now features:
• State-by-state mileage data reporting – This feature enables drivers to export mileage information from their IntelliRoute TND to a spreadsheet. This report function allows drivers to track toll vs. non-toll miles by state or province for IFTA Fuel Tax reporting. Drivers can review the data by quarter or by day, by state and/or province.
• Enhanced voice warning system – Providing warnings of what’s around the corner or down the road, the enhanced system allows drivers to make adjustments ahead of time. While the IntelliRoute TND has offered warnings from its inception, the enhanced warnings alert drivers to sharp curves, steep hills, speed limit changes, over speed-limit indicator, state boundaries, road construction, time zone changes and on/off duty changes.
• “Am I Close?” feature – As drivers are approaching their final destination, address ranges and street name will display on the status bar. Drivers may customize the point at which the feature will appear.
• Driver controlled auto reroute – When a driver needs to pull off the road for a brief stop or is taking a dispatcher-directed route, auto-reroute can be paused and then resumed later, reducing unnecessary voice and directions activity.
• Full-route text preview – This user-requested enhancement gives a quick text display of the entire route at a highway level so that drivers know in advance which roads they will travel.
• Enhanced help and tips – Users can select a level of on-device assistance that meets their needs. Choose from FAQs, New Tips, What’s New and Tutorial options to enhance the user experience.
• Full Spanish and French language functionality – Text and verbal translations enable drivers who use English as a second language to fully utilize the product with minimal distraction.
Rand McNally also unveiled a line of accessories designed to enhance and protect GPS devices including the IntelliRoute TND 500. The line of accessories was created to work with most GPS devices as well as other small electronics. The accessory line includes:
• GPS Soft Case – Designed for devices with screens up to 5 inches, this neoprene case has a secure pocket design, making it easy to take the GPS in and out.
• GPS Hard Case – Created for devices with screens up to 5 inches, this product features a rigid shell for durability and an internal organizer for memory cards.
• 3-in-1 Charger – Made to be used with GPS devices and other small electronics, this two-amp charger can be used in a car, in a wall outlet or with a USB.
• GPS Starter Kit – This kit includes the soft case for GPS devices with screens up to 5 inches, the 3-in-1 charger, a screen protector and a cleaning cloth.
“This new line was designed to provide quality accessories for larger GPS units at a compelling price,” says Dave Muscatel, Rand McNally chief executive officer. “We’ve designed accessories that will enable our consumers to protect and recharge their units conveniently and cost-effectively.”
Priced from $9.99, the line will be available in September at Pilot Travel Centers, Travel Centers of America and other truckstop stores nationwide, as well at the online store at www.randmcnally.com.