The Association of Diesel Specialists announced it has awarded $11,000 worth of scholarships to 11 students pursuing careers in the diesel industry for the upcoming academic year.
The recipients of the 2010 ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation Scholarships, each worth $1,000, are:
• Justin Davenport, Whitewright, Texas;
• Bryan Eaton, Amesbury, Mass.;
• Tyler Fall, Montrose, Mich.;
• Brett Fruechte, Little Falls, Minn.;
• Brandon Johnson, Williamsburg, Ind.;
• Tyler Jones, Lafayette, Ind.;
• Brandon Ohlemacher, Sandusky, Ohio;
• Jeremy Raney, Kearney, Mo.;
• Joshua Spackman, Richland, Mich.;
• Daniel Stevens, Laramie, Wyo.; and
• Nicholas Weibel, Elba, N.Y.
Applications were submitted through the automotive scholarship website, www.AutomotiveScholarships.com. The recipients were selected from a field of 66 applications.