Navman Wireless announced the release of a free iPhone app that makes real-time vehicle location maps and a variety of other fleet data available on the go from all iPhone models as well as the Apple iPad.
Navman Wireless says that with its MobileAVL2 for the iPhone, dispatchers, managers and company executives can:
• View the real-time location of single vehicles or the entire fleet on one map
• Send and receive messages to/from vehicles’ mobile communication devices
• Route vehicles to their next destination
• See a vehicle’s recent driving route replayed on a map
• View a list of stop times, idle times and other recent activity by vehicle
The new app complements the company’s OnlineAVL2 fleet tracking and management platform, which is used by corporate fleet managers to help reduce fuel usage, trim other operating costs, improve fleet productivity and customer service. In addition to displaying real-time location of the entire fleet or vehicle groups on a single screen, the platform’s reporting suite identifies problems such as excessive idling, inaccurate timesheets, unauthorized stops and personal vehicle use.
“OnlineAVL2 is saving 2.2 million gallons of fuel for our customers every month, and that increases every time we add a new vehicle to our installed base,” said Renaat Ver Eecke, VP and General Manager of Navman Wireless North America. “Our new iPhone app is another step in helping fleets around the world operate efficiently, cost-effectively and sustainably.”