Verizon Wireless and Xata Corp. announced that the Xata Turnpike fleet management and compliance solution, made available to Verizon Wireless enterprise customers this fall, is designed to help companies better comply with Comprehensive Safety Analysis 2010 (CSA 2010), a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) initiative designed to reduce commercial motor vehicle-related accidents.
“This is a critical software update,” said Benigno Gonzalez, vice president – enterprise operations for Verizon Wireless. “With Xata’s CSA 2010 fleet management and compliance tools now available on the nation’s most reliable wireless network, customers will have the driver and fleet information they need to help keep their employees safe.”
Verizon Wireless enterprise customers can easily access Xata Turnpike’s compliance tools, which include:
• Electronic Logs – to help prevent hours-of-service violations
• Electronic Inspections – to facilitate the prevention of vehicle-maintenance violations
• Speed Management – to provide insight into driver speed versus posted speed-by-road
• CSA Risk Scorecards – to allow for better management of overall driver performance
• Driving Behavior Alerts – to help to better prevent out-of-service violations
Xata Turnpike, which is compatible with a selection of devices including some BlackBerry smartphones, was identified by the FMCSA in early 2010 as the lowest-cost electronic on-board recorder (EOBR). Xata says its Turnpike system can be integrated with the third-party applications fleets are already using to manage their ongoing operations.
“The impact of CSA 2010 on a fleet’s operations is enormous, so companies and drivers need to be well prepared,” said Christian Schenk, vice president, product marketing, Xata Corporation. “With Xata Turnpike, Verizon Wireless customers will benefit from our industry and product expertise to help ensure CSA 2010 compliance and to better manage their trucks and drivers.”