Mack Trucks Inc. named Tri-State Truck Center of Memphis, Tenn., as its 2010 North American Distributor of the Year. Each year, Mack acknowledges the efforts and contributions of its dealer network by honoring high-performing North American and International distributors. Selection criteria include sales, facilities, personnel, service, parts, general management, customer satisfaction and community service.
Tri-State Truck Center was founded in 1945 by F.A. Maddox Sr. and now is operated by Rod and Jim Maddox, the third generation of the Maddox family to run the business. It has six other full-service locations across Arkansas, Mississippi and Tennessee, in addition to Memphis. Tri-State Truck Center currently has more 250 employees.
Mack also named 2010 winners for each of its U.S. regional sales divisions:
• Northeast Region: Ballard Mack Sales & Service, Inc., Worcester, Mass.
• Southeast Region: Tri-State Truck Center, Memphis, Tenn.
• Central Region: Wiegand Mack Sales & Service Inc., Sterling Heights, Mich.
• Southwest Region: Vanguard Truck Center of Houston, Houston
• Western Region: TEC of California, Fontana, Calif.
• Canada Region: Redhead Equipment, Regina, Saskatchewan
For the second consecutive year, Vanguard Truck Center of Houston (part of the Vanguard Truck Group) was named North American Used Truck Distributor of the Year. The Mack Leasing System North American Distributor of the Year award went to Conway Beam Leasing, East Syracuse, New York.
“These businesses are on the front lines, serving our customers every day, and exemplify Mack’s longstanding commitment to excellence in support and service,” says Kevin Flaherty, Mack senior vice president, U.S. and Canada. “The entire network did a phenomenal job in a difficult economy, and we’re very pleased to have such a dedicated, passionate distributor organization.”