Intermec announced its newest version of Skynax – a comprehensive mobility management system with a single system approach for mobile data exchange, integrated application and device management, support and security. Intermec says that Skynax transforms and integrates business data between mobile applications and host systems in real-time, providing mobile workers with complete, up-to-date information.
“As mobility continues to be critical to the success of enterprise organizations, Intermec is committed to delivering solutions that help reduce the complexities associated with extending back-office business applications to mobile workforces,” said Larry Klimczyk, vice president, Intermec Global Solutions. ”With a significant number of corporate users, Intermec’s Skynax Mobility Management is a proven solution for business critical mobility communications.”
Skynax is designed to improve access by mobile workers to the most timely data, applications and host system in single system, compared to multiple products that can struggle to achieve seamless integration. Fit for customers in field service, direct store delivery, presales and merchandising, transportation and logistics, and public safety, Skynax is comprised of a suite of server, desktop and mobile device software applications and connects mobile workers with the data to power business critical processes.
Intermec’s Skynax Mobility Management system addresses IT and business challenges within five key areas and provides significant cost savings, the company says.
• Data synchronization: Skynax helps to reduce the inherent synchronization inefficiencies and slower response times associated with simple file transfer or database replication. Skynax can automate and accelerate data synchronization processes so a system is ready to easily meet peak user demands, and provide the ability to monitor and control the exchange of all business data.
• Network connectivity and utilization: Skynax helps enable enterprises to optimize network utilization and control network connectivity for mobile applications – helping to reduce communication expenses between 10-40 percent. In addition, Skynax allows IT departments to centrally monitor and manage all communications with an audit trail and is scalable to grow business.
• Security: Skynax installs as a secure system through FIPS compliant authentication and encryption methods to allow business data to be transmitted securely through any private or public network and assures compliance with security and device configuration standards.
• Device management: Skynax allows administrators to automate the management of device settings with “set and forget” remote configuration options, thereby reducing the need for continuous ad-hoc IT intervention. By automating device management, improving the efficiency of application deployment, and giving users the ability to dynamically provision any device on demand, Skynax alleviates network strain, improves system management efficiency and reduces costs by as much as $600 over the life of each device.
• User support: Skynax Remote Assist facilitates problem diagnosis, documentation and resolution through real-time collaboration features allowing support team specialists to work together regardless of location. Helpdesk operators can reach out across the network to view what users are seeing on their device display and then remotely control the device to provide stranded users with assistance and training.
Skynax helps enable Intermec’s ISVs and mobile solution partners to focus on application content that solves their customer’s business problems by reducing the time consuming work of developing and maintaining the generic functionality needed by all mobile applications. Skynax 8.0 is available through Intermec’s certified PartnerNet community.
To find out more about Skynax visit this site.